My Why, my What for, my Word in the box, to which everything boils down, and that I commit to embody is INSPIRATION.
To me, Inspiration encompasses the following elements:
- Generating a Spark out of possibilities (an awareness, an insight, an idea, an aspiration, a commitment, a dream, a life purpose, or just the next tiny step,…)
- Inviting Action and giving Momentum to transform this spark into reality
- Encouraging and Being a stand all along the way and in the face of fear and adversity
I printed this word, and I added the 2 ways arrows because Inspiration is a two ways commitment: to inspire others, we first need to be inspired.
And although inspiration can come on its own, being inspired is also a choice. I have become more present lately to the fact that I could choose to be inspired despite the circumstances and despite my mood.
Here are some ways to not be inspired
- Being at the effect of circumstances
- Not empowering decisions
- Thinking that what we do is “the right way” (aka better than others)
- Envying those who have more success
- Listening to agree or disagree rather than listening for an insight
- Being skeptical (I’m not sure)
- Being cynical (this is bullshit)
- Being too attached
- Falling into resignation
- Not taking care of ourselves and our well-being
- Being overwhelmed
- Not loving ourselves
- Not believing in ourselves
- Not trusting ourselves
Here are some ways to not inspire others
- Not being inspired ourselves (see above)
- Being out of integrity (thoughts, words and actions not aligned)
- Not being vulnerable
- Pretending we have it all figured out
- Not being responsible for our impact
- Denying our humanity
- Not being a stand for them
- Not challenging them
- Not caring for them
- Not believing in them
- Not trusting them
If you choose to be inspired by this post, what insight will you get for yourself?
What would shift if you committed to inspiration, both ways, on a daily basis?