Here is what I noticed lately.
If I come from a place of fear and want to prove myself, then:
- My breathing is shallow,
- I am only partially present,
- My energy is one of debating,
- Yes… But…,
- I try to make my point,
- I try to fix, advise, provide answers,
- I try to reassure the other one but it’s actually just to reassure myself,
- I please,
- Less Connection,
- Less Trust,
- Possibilities are limited, or nonexistent
- My impact is so, so.
Instead, if I let go of the need to prove anything, then:
- My breathing is nice and slow,
- I am fully present,
- My energy is one of flow,
- Yes… And…,
- I am not attached to be right,
- I am curious and OK to NOT KNOW,
- I don’t need to reassure the other one, he/she is already reassured,
- I serve,
- More connection,
- More Trust,
- Possibilities are abundant,
- My impact is increased.
To let go of the need to prove anything, I can ground myself, connect to my inner power, focus on the other one, practice all sorts of things and find all sorts of good reasons why I have nothing to prove, but in the end, I find it all comes down to TRUST.
Letting go of the need to prove anything requires a huge amount of Trust. And Trust is not something you have or give once you have all the data to prove you are right, it is something you do without any certainty which is why it is often hard.
And you, do you need to prove something? What would be different if you let go of that need? What is necessary for you to let go of that need?